Have You Received a Letter About Insurance-Related Financial Responsibilities?
There may be times when the DHSMV requires additional auto insurance information from you. If this occurs, the DHSMV will send you a letter notifying you of this fact, and requesting your assistance in resolving the case. If you have received a Notice of Suspension regarding an insurance case, the links below will provide information on how to keep your license valid.
Your letter will have a number at the bottom
- FR Sanction Number Starting with 1: Crash with Injury and Property Damage
- FR Sanction Number Starting with 2: Driving Without Proof of Insurance
- FR Sanction Number Starting with 7: Insurance Cancellation
- FR Sanction Number Starting with 8: Insurance for Vehicle Registration
- FR Sanction Number Starting with 9: Crash with Property Damage
For more information, please visit